Singer Chris Brown Sentenced, New Details Emerge Of Past Violence
R&B singer Chris Brown born Christopher Maurice Brown, 20, who was arrested earlier this year and plead guilty for assaulting his former girlfriend, Pop singer Rihanna born Robyn Rihanna Fenty, 21, has now been sentenced two days early on Tuesday, August 25th.
During sentencing Chris Brown was told by Judge Patricia Schnegg that his charges were a felony and it comes with potential state prison if he violates any of his probation terms or picks up a new case. The terms of his sentence includes 5 years of probation, 6 months of hard labor, a 52-week domestic violence course, DNA samples and Brown must go to court every 3 months during his 5 years of probation, amongst other terms.
While Chris Brown’s sentence has received mixed views, many of his fans have viewed his sentence as harsh and, throughout the Internet, fans are claiming criminals, who have committed crimes that are worse than what Chris Brown did, have received less punishment.
As news of his sentence was revealed, more was released on Chris Brown today which was filed by a probation officer showing that the singer had been involved in two previous incidents related to domestic violence.
The first incident is stated to have occurred in Europe three months before he was arrested. Chris Brown was accused of getting into a verbal dispute in which Rihanna is stated to have slapped him and the singer revolted and shoved her into a wall.
The next incident reportedly took place in Barbados in which the singer burst out the windows of a borrowed Range Rover after getting into a heated argument. The incident allegedly went unreported and the damages where fixed on the auto.
In other news, Chris Brown is reportedly working on an upcoming album titled “Graffiti,” as reported on HipHopRX.com.
Chris Brown’s full sentence is as follows:
* 5 years of probation (until 2014)
* 6 months of hard labor to be performed in Richmond, VA.
* Must attend a 52-week domestic violence course
* Must stay 100 yards away from Rihanna
* Must stay 10 yards away from Rihanna at entertainment-related events
* Must provide DNA samples to authorities
* Must not own any dangerous weapons including guns or knives for the next five years
* Is subject to search and seizure 24/7 for the next five years
* Must personally go to court every 3 months during probation. The first appearance will be November 19.
* Must receive approval before leaving the country.
* Must pay $2,500 in restitution, $2,500 in probation expenses, $30 criminal conviction fee, $400 that goes into a domestic violence fund.